FORUMS: list search recent posts

Crop Tool stuck in inches instead of pixels

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ALbino
Crop Tool stuck in inches instead of pixels
on Jul 14, 2005 at 5:58:29 pm

Hey all,

It used to be that in Photoshop (7.0) when I used the crop tool the number boxes at the top were always in pixels. Now when I try and constrain the portions to crop it defaults to inches. For some reason I have to type like "800 px" and then "600 px" as opposed to just "800" and "600". The drop down box is set to "pixels/inch". If I just type "800" it errors and says that "416.667 in" is the max allowable so I have to type it with the "px" everytime. Obviously this is not a major issue, but it's something that's just changed recently and is kind of annoying. Does anybody know what might have caused this sudden change and how I could go about restoring it back to how it was before? Thanks,

AL.

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Crop Tool stuck in inches instead of pixels
on Jul 14, 2005 at 7:47:50 pm

The crop tool by default uses the untis you have in your rulers. Right click in your ruler and choose picels, then you can type 500 tab 500 and you will be set for cropping to 500 x 500 pixels.

You can always force the units used by typing "500 in" or "500 px". You can also create a tool presets for your favorite crop sizes like 720px x 480px, or 8.5" x 11", whcih are quite useful.

Return to posts index

ALbino
Re: Crop Tool stuck in inches instead of pixels
on Jul 14, 2005 at 10:17:03 pm

That worked perfectly. Thanks for the help!

AL.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]