FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble with layers when opened from PDF into Photoshop CS

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pablo_post
Trouble with layers when opened from PDF into Photoshop CS
on Jul 9, 2005 at 6:19:41 pm

Hello, well i'm a little desperate with this, when I open a PDF file in photoshop, it opens as a single layer (flattened) file, I need it to open with the layers separated,
which one is the way to open it correctly?
Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Dave Johnson
Re: Trouble with layers when opened from PDF into Photoshop CS
on Jul 9, 2005 at 10:38:33 pm

Could be wrong, but I don't think it's possible in CS to open Acrobat PDFs as layers (maybe in CS2).

Don't recall if I had to change a setting to get it this way, but each time I open a PDF in Photoshop a dialogue asks me which page I want to open. I then reopen it to get each page that I want and copy them into one layered PSD. May seem like a pain, but it's pretty quick and not a problem for me since I never need more than 3-4 pages out of a PDF in PS. Plus, it's worth the trade off of getting the PDF text on a transparent background allowing me to use it that way or put it on the "paper" of my choice, which is pretty handy since I'm usually bringing PDFs through Photoshop to prep them for After Effects.

Return to posts index

Pablo_post
Re: Trouble with layers when opened from PDF into Photoshop CS
on Jul 10, 2005 at 2:59:53 am

Thank you very much, I've been trying to do this in order to use those layered PSD files in Combustion, in order to animate each layer individually, I'll try the method you told me about as well, thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]