FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wacom Pad Question?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael
Wacom Pad Question?
on Jul 2, 2005 at 11:45:28 pm

Newbie Here-

Just getting started with Photoshop... actually using photoshop in unison with After Effects and Final Cut Pro.
It seems like using a mouse (even a good one) isn't very accurate. I don't feel like I have much control.
I'm thinking about a Wacom. It seems that they get more expensive the bigger they get. Is there any other differences in them? I want one that I can "grow" into... but I don't want to spend to much.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Michael

Return to posts index

Jayse
Re: Wacom Pad Question?
on Jul 3, 2005 at 12:06:09 am

Hey there Michael,

There's quite a few posts on this if you want to search 'em out with a lot of detail - but basically my feeling is Wacom is the top - the Intuos III being the one to get - no smaller than 6x8

I've tried a TON of them - from small to huge - all different brands - this intuos III just feels different - it's got a nice 'drag' to the pen so that you don't feel like you're slip-sliding everywhere as with other models and other brands. I also like the custom keys on both sides.

Some people like 'em on the desk - I like 'em in my lap. Takes a while to get used to - but then you feel lost without it.

The expense was HUGE for me when I first got one - now I look at them and think: only $350???

In other words - I find them very worth it.

Hope that helps!

// jayse

Ultimate After Effects Video Training CDs

Free Photoshop CS Video Tutorials

Return to posts index

Michael
Re: Wacom Pad Question?
on Jul 3, 2005 at 6:14:09 am

Thanks a million. I'll check it out this weekend.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]