FORUMS: list search recent posts

locked files

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
normco
locked files
on Jun 30, 2005 at 6:42:43 pm

Hi,

I created a photoshop file on my pc in ver 6. then I moved that file over to my MAC which has ver 7. I open the file, modify it and try to save. It says the file is locked. I go to the Information on the file and it isn't locked. In fact you can't even lock it.

What gives?

NORMCO

Return to posts index

Dave Johnson
Re: locked files
on Jul 1, 2005 at 5:21:14 am

Did you happen to "move" the file via a CD-ROM from a PC with any O/S prior to XP? Not sure if this applies when going to a Mac, but when you transfer files via CD (even between two PCs with O/S prior to XP) the files are automatically Read-Only until you change it in the properties. Maybe that's waht's happening, but the Mac doesn't allow you to change the Windows set Read-Only property. Either way, a workaround might be doing a Save As on the Mac instead of trying to overwrite the original file.

I doubt this is the problem, but other cross-paltform issues to consider are that the Mac may not like a long file name that Windows has no problem with or the Mac may not like the file extension used by Windows since it doesn't typically use extensions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]