FORUMS: list search recent posts

custom color channels

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Rutledge
custom color channels
on Jun 30, 2005 at 3:21:18 pm

I've been trying to figure out a solid way to generate custom color separations of an image. Sort of like taking an RGB image and separating it out into CMYK only instead of Cyan or magenta I want to get, say, an orangish-brown channel or a bluish-grey channel.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

thumbslinger
Re: custom color channels
on Jun 30, 2005 at 4:33:42 pm

Well, if you want three channels, use RGB and then color shift as necessary to achieve your results.

If your channels are the colors you mention above, however, it's going to generate some wacked colors in the final images.

Are you trying to take a channel and use it's information for an actual image?

You can also use the various channel ops (add/sub/multiply etc) and create a new channel using the C and M in cmyk for instance and then just delete the C and M channels.

Why do you need to do this? Maybe if we knew what your end result is going to be, we could get a better answer for you.

Return to posts index

Jason Rutledge
Re: custom color channels
on Jun 30, 2005 at 4:58:38 pm

Think of it like separating an RGB image into spot colors for screenprinting. If there's an orange-brown color in the image, I'd be separating out a screen just for that color. I'm taking RGB images of natural stone and separating out the natural stones colors for screenprinting. It's usually a four-screen process with one screen being, for example, a light-beige, the second screen a maroon shade, the third a greyish color, and the fourth a dark brown.

There was a plug-in made by a company in Spain called inedit Multicomia, but it never got out of beta and never really did anything without crashing.

jason rutledge

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]