FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating simple boxes in Photoshop

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stone Reader
Creating simple boxes in Photoshop
on Jun 28, 2005 at 3:55:40 pm

Photoshop question. Is it possible to create a simple box or shape in Photoshop, and then move/resize it easily, like you can in Fireworks?

For example in Fireworks, you draw a box. Say the box is 300 x 100, and is at the XY position of 50,140. In Fireworks, I can easily change the dimensions and position of this box. I can just go into the Properties palette, change the width to 700, the height to 50, and the XY coordinates to 0,0, and my box will now be running across the top of the canvas. Simple!

I've tried, and for the life of me I can't find a way to do this as easily in Photoshop. Can this be done? The best thing I find is creating a vector shape, but to move it you have to move it by hand, you can't just change the coordinates, and reszing to exact sizes is a pain. Granted, I'm using Photoshop 7, so does CS2 have this ability? (I would upgrade just for this feature.) Am I just missing something simple? I have trouble believing PS wouldn't have this basic feature.

I hate having to go back and forth between PS and FW. If I could do all my comp work in PS, I'd be a happy camper.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Naveen

Return to posts index

Andrei Lutic
Re: Creating simple boxes in Photoshop
on Jun 29, 2005 at 7:07:42 am

You can do that in photoshop and it's very simple actually. After the creation of the vector shape, you must select it with the path selection tool (the black arrow above the pen tool) and after that you must hit ctrl+t or Edit/Free Transform Path. You'll have inputs in the option bar (that's on the upper part of the interface right under the "file, edit.." menu) for x, y position and for the width and height. You can also select the reference point for the shape. HTH

Return to posts index

Stone Reader
Re: Creating simple boxes in Photoshop
on Jun 29, 2005 at 8:31:39 pm

Wow, that worked perfect. All this time, and it was right there...

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]