FORUMS: list search recent posts

Please Help (batching issues)

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Scott
Please Help (batching issues)
on Jun 21, 2005 at 11:06:34 pm

I really need help with some batching solutions. Because I am doing this for a friend of mine I need to make the process as automated as possible (he's pretty overwhelmed by PS). If Droplets are the answer all the better. Here is what I am trying to do:

I have 1 folder containing 25 scans (TIF @ 150 dpi) From each of the TIF's I need to generate the following:

a preview image that fits within a given rect (I was using Automate / Fit image)
a thumbnail consisting of a cropped portion of the scanned image (70 x 100 pixels)

As far as the thumbnails is concerned, I am having difficulty with pausing the recording of an action and allowing the user to make a selection to crop. I have read you can do this using a crop command but I cound't make it work.

Also, if I were to create droplets is there any way to handle the naming of these files. I know how to do this when simply batching, I also know how to do this using the browser but I can't seem to get a prompt asking me how I want to name my files from a droplet.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

(note: he is on a windows machine running the latest version of Photoshop and XP)
David Scott

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Please Help (batching issues)
on Jun 24, 2005 at 4:25:51 pm

You can decide how to name your new files when using automate >> create Droplet. Just change destination to folder. Your friend will need a folder on his drive with the same name & location.

You cannot get a file naming prompt to happen in the middle of running a droplet.

Add an insert stop from the actions palette flyout menu.
to pause an action during the process to set a marquee selection, click the box in the 2nd column(toggle dialog of the action).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]