FORUMS: list search recent posts

File Management - How do I make life easier?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mav777
File Management - How do I make life easier?
on Jun 13, 2005 at 4:26:55 am

Hi,

I'm currently using Photoshop CS file browser (on Win XP) to sort out Photos from my recent European trip.

I'm wanting to flag photos I like and then copy these to another folder but I'm finding the process a tad awkard in the Browser.

This is what I do:

1.) Open folder of all my folders so that I can preview and flag them
2.) Once flagged hold down alt to copy them to a new directory.

The problem starts here - I clumsily find the destination folder in the left hand explorer pane (Usually involving several "+" clicks) - but in so doing - this folder can easily become the active folder - which means I have to clumsily navigate back to my original photos folder again - once more with a series of scrolling and clicking steps.

Is there a way to somehow have two folders on display at once - the original photos and the destination folder? (Kind of like having two windows open side by side.)

I've kind of got around it by mapping a drive to shortcut the process...but there must be an easier way?

Return to posts index

Mav777
Re: File Management - How do I make life easier?
on Jun 13, 2005 at 4:54:27 am

Think I may have just found the answer to my own problem:

Directory Opus from http://www.gpsoft.com.au

Allows Dual Pane + a viewer pane + reads RAW files and seems to be easier to manage.

Still interested to hear of what other people do for their file management. Do you use the File Browser in Photoshop or something else?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]