FORUMS: list search recent posts

Moving Still Images with 3d effect ??

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve M
Moving Still Images with 3d effect ??
on Jun 12, 2005 at 10:12:08 pm

I have seen a few commercials and now recently Total Training's new Photoshop CS2 training set has the Intro where it uses still images and you are zooming
through them like in 3d. I was wondering what this effect is called and are there any sites that tell how it is done?

Steve

Return to posts index

Jim
Re: Moving Still Images with 3d effect ??
by
on Jun 13, 2005 at 4:45:11 am

Here's a link that may help: http://www.dv.com/news/news_item.jhtml?LookupId=/xml/feature/2003/diaz0503

Return to posts index

Jim
by
on Jun 13, 2005 at 4:51:59 am

Other than that "The Kid Stays in the Picture" effect which isn't zooming through stills, you just need to arrange stills in Z space in After Effects and either move them towards the camera or move the camera through space past them. I haven't seen Total Training's example but I'm guessing this is the effect you want. Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

jerryjet
on Jun 13, 2005 at 1:25:52 pm

The best thing for this technique is a dedicated Motion Control application called Moving Pictures by Stage tools. It provides much smoother resukts even with extremely large files such as 8K images.

You can export a sequence and import the file into any NLE or flash enable it as well.

see:
http://www.jetstreamer.com/moving_pictures.htm

all the best
jerry h

Return to posts index

Steve M
on Jun 13, 2005 at 2:47:37 pm

Jerry,

does this program have the ablility to use 3d space, so you can get the illusion of zooming through the picture with things passing you?

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Apr 1, 2009 at 6:54:49 pm

Gatorade spots used this

I have also produced multiple tutorials on this technique (just web search "Motion Control 3d")

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Steve M
on Jun 13, 2005 at 2:46:00 pm

thank you Jim. I believe this puts me in the right direction. That "kid stays in the picture" seems to be the effect that I was looking for.

The total training intro builds on this I believe, they actually make you feel like you are flying through an old european city that is a drawing,
the buildings are passing you while you are going up a street.

I wonder if it would be illegal if I copyed just a snippet of the intro to show you and posted a link here?

Thanks again

Steve

Return to posts index

Jim
by
on Jun 13, 2005 at 3:19:24 pm

It sounds like you would want to use After Effects and distribute the stills (layers) along the road in Z space and animate the camera down the road. You might try emailing Total Training and getting the specifics of their technique but I believe this is what they did. Digital Anarchy has a "3D Assistants" plugin (http://www.digitalanarchy.com/3Dassist/3Dassist_main.html) that simplifies arranging layers in 3D space but you can do this fairly easily in After Effects alone. Good luck.

Jim

Return to posts index

Derek Bowshier
on Apr 1, 2009 at 5:37:54 pm

I am looking for a commercial example of this 3d still image motion effect to show a client.

Can anyone direct me to a popular commercial link?

Thanks,

Derek

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]