FORUMS: list search recent posts

importing a film strip

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brett
importing a film strip
on Jun 3, 2005 at 2:54:04 am

I have some video that I am trying to import as a film strip into photoshop. Basically I want to add the charcole effect to the whole video, but whenever I go to import the strip all I get is a white, black or tranparent sheet depending on what I choose I cant get any of the video. Does anyone know what Im doing wrong or why this is?
Brett

Return to posts index

Jeff Cochran
Re: importing a film strip
on Jun 3, 2005 at 3:15:15 pm

I can't tell you what your doing wrong, but, may I make a suggestion.

Export your video as a sequence of frames, set up a batch process in Photoshop to apply the charcoal effect..

The frames in the filmstrip are going to be so small, by the time you apply the effect, you'll probably end up with something undesireable.

Good Luck

Return to posts index

Chad Treanor
on Jun 13, 2005 at 2:43:40 pm

I do this all the time...you can use file>export>targa sequence... you'll more than likely want to make a seperate folder for these frames because it will hold all the frames for the video. Then once you have that folder full of the frames you can import them into PS and apply all the effects your brain can think of. Then save them out to a new folder (which I always label as OUTPUT)and once i have that folder of effected frames, I import them back into premiere as single frames, and export that as a video and you have PS effects for your video!

hope this helps
chadwik

Return to posts index

Chad Treanor
on Jun 13, 2005 at 2:45:49 pm

and pleaes fill out your profile!

we want to know what your working with and the more we know about you and your situation - the replies you get back will be more accurate, faster and more useful!!

so fill it out!
chadwik

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]