FORUMS: list search recent posts

PhotoshopCS duplicate layer goes to corner?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Donavan
PhotoshopCS duplicate layer goes to corner?
on May 31, 2005 at 3:42:50 pm

I

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: PhotoshopCS duplicate layer goes to corner?
on Jun 6, 2005 at 5:41:39 pm

Not sure how you duplicate your layers, but by drag (then down shift) then drop copying from one docuemtns to another should solve your first problem.

Good question about collapsing all effects, as thsi annoys me too. Found this in help, but it does not seem to work--"To expand or collapse all of the layer styles applied within a layer set, hold down Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS) and click the triangle or inverted triangle for the set."

Return to posts index

Donavan
on Jun 6, 2005 at 6:17:00 pm

Thanks for the reply. Shift+drag to the new document does seem to snap to center - not nearly as convenient or speedy as PS 7 in setting up an action (by right clicking on the layer name to duplicate), but it does work. I appreciate the solution though!

Return to posts index

glennser
on Aug 19, 2005 at 11:03:05 pm

The shift key does not work, we've found the same trouble, we also do DVD menus and need to copy layers between documents while maintaining registration. It seems to be a CS2 problem, on the one machine we have updated to CS2 the spacebar will not activate the hand tool either, I just hope they fix it soon.
Glenn Stewart
1k Studios

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]