FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resize many pictures

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cuel
Resize many pictures
by
on May 28, 2005 at 4:47:14 pm

I got like 20 pictures or more and i ned one specific window inside the picture, it is in the lower-left corner. Can i somehow remove everything except this window? I want this to be applied to every picture in EXACT the same size. Is this possible? Any other program? can also be done as a movie.

Return to posts index

Jeff Cochran
Re: Resize many pictures
on May 29, 2005 at 7:39:54 pm

Try a batch process. When you write the script, use canvas size, click on the lower left hand corner and enter the pixal amount (width and Height). This will crop out everything but the lower left hand corner. You may want to play with the pixel amout before you write the script

Jeff Cochran

http://www.jeffcochrandigitalartist.com/

Return to posts index

Cuel
by
on May 30, 2005 at 8:05:09 pm

Do you think you could develop your answer a little?.. I lost you at batch process :/ do i have to know how to script to make this? It is excalty in the corner more like 5cm above / from left side :(

Return to posts index

Jeff Cochran
on May 31, 2005 at 12:36:24 am

Under the windows pull down menu, you will find a window called actions. What actions do is record certain steps and then allow you to play back the steps to a group of other images. At the bottom of the actions menu is a folder, click on that, (this will create a folder for this set of actions) next to the folder is a page icon that will begin the recording.

Now, Open an image and proceed with the steps I gave you before, include "save as" and closing the file in the script.

To play back, Go to the File pull down>Automate>Batch. Select the folder of images that you want to alter and a new folder for the finals

A couple of tips. Never save over your original file in the script, always do a save as. When writing the script (when I say writing the script, I mean the actions record), always do a save as to your desktop. Every time I've done a save as in the same folder as the original art, the batch process has had a hard time dealing with it.

Lastly, if the box your clipping is not in the bottom left hand corner entirely, you may have to go back and do a second script to clip out the remainder of the image. So, first script is crop everything but the left bottom corner. next script is crop everything but the right top corner. That should give you want you want.

Let me know if you have further ???. Scripts are a little difficult at first, but once you get the hang of it, you'll use them all the time.

Good luck

Jeff Cochran

http://www.jeffcochrandigitalartist.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]