FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need some help with a batch question?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Judge Schmells
Need some help with a batch question?
on May 25, 2005 at 2:42:06 pm

WARNING: I AM USING PHOTOSHOP 6!!!! :)

I am basically needing to take about 65 720 X 480 images and create a 1px edge around them with a modified shape. The end result would look like this:

I created this in Fireworks as it seemed a bit easier to create the shape with the 2 rounded corners and 2 square corners.

I would like to batch the process so I don't have to do it to every single image myself.

Any way to do this?

thx so much!

Judge S.

Return to posts index

Jeff Cochran
Re: Need some help with a batch question?
on May 25, 2005 at 11:44:38 pm

Judge,

Before you write your action, open the shape you have in Photoshop and make a selection out of it. Under selection go to save selection.

Now when you write the action, as part of the script, when your ready to make selection, go under selection to load selection. This will make a selection out of the shape you have. Play with that, I believe you'll need to keep the selection document open while you run your batch. If you want to add the out line, create the line as a seperate document and save that as another selection and fill the selection when writing your script. You may need to batch the files twice. I don't know if you can use two selections in the batch.

I just did a test in PS 6 and it worked fine. As always, run a few tests before trying to batch all your files

Good luck, let me know how you do

Jeff Cochran

http://www.jeffcochrandigitalartist.com/

Return to posts index

Judge Schmells
Re: Need some help with a batch question?
on May 26, 2005 at 11:30:13 am

Hey Jeff. Thanks so much for taking the time to answer! I will check it out and see if I can re-create.

Thanks!!

Judge S.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]