FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photoshop CS II Not Responding Fast Enough

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rufus napkin
Photoshop CS II Not Responding Fast Enough
on May 25, 2005 at 6:13:29 am

I read in earlier threads that video drivers can slow down the latest version of PS II; but this? - There is waiting time (seconds) between clicking on a file and the click showing up on the screen. PS simply hangs, as in the old days of 8 and 16 bit processing, before it responds to the command.

The palette has a wait list as well. Sometimes it will be seconds before the cursor appears - after it's disappeared for a while. It hangs at other, sporadic times as well - it feels like it's trying to catch up with something.

I am working with same files that CS opened right away and no cursor disappeared.

Is this a CS 2 programming glitch?

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Photoshop CS II Not Responding Fast Enough
on May 29, 2005 at 7:56:00 pm

Might help if you included OS or even platform for that matter

I am running CS2 on Macs and PCs with no issues liek this.

Check your card drivers as well as make sure your OS and RAM requirements surpass the minimum.. CS2 has more overhead for some of the new options

Return to posts index

Jayse
on May 31, 2005 at 7:35:43 pm

Like Rich, I've also ran it on multiple PCs and a MacG5 with no slow downs, other than the Bridge slower than Browser - but that's a different thing altogether.

CS2 does have its requirements tho - have you checked that your hardware/software matches the specs?

// jayse

Ultimate After Effects Video Training CDs

Free Photoshop CS Video Tutorials

by jayse!

Return to posts index

rufus napkin
on Jun 1, 2005 at 7:10:15 pm

I appologize for not giving full description of my system initially. I am running Win XP SP2, on an AMD Athlon 2100 (Pentium 4-equivalent), 1 Gig ram, couple of 80 Gig hard drives, with a 128 Mb. Radeon chipset (9200SE) video card, on which I updated the drivers.

I tried allocating different amounts of memory to the program under the "Preferences" menu; still the lag persists sporadically, mostly in that it takes "quite" some time between clicking on "File"/"Open" and then waiting fo the program to kick in and start opening the file.

Also at times, when trying to change tools on the tools pallete, the cursor actually disappears "behind" the pallete several times, until it magically appears normal again.

Weird.

Return to posts index

Jayse
on Jun 1, 2005 at 8:29:07 pm

hmmm - sounds like ur hard drive might be full - RAM error - Video Card error - or other processes running in the background. If you check your processes does it show other things taking up all the resources? (ctrl/alt/del>processes)

just kind of stabs in the dark... but maybe it'll land on something.?

// jayse

Ultimate After Effects Video Training CDs

Free Photoshop CS Video Tutorials

by jayse!

Return to posts index

rufus napkin
on Jun 2, 2005 at 12:21:07 am

Hi Jayse,

Your guesses may be totally correct "if" CS2 is requiring considerably more resources than was the case with the CS version. The CS version ran really smoothly.

I have about 22 % free drive space. Explicitly no processes in the background, not even the clock. I wonder if the video card, being relatively old model, is chocking on the 128 meg. I thought of switching back to the 32 MB card, actually, thought that would help.

Sounds like I have to do something, if it's not the CS2.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]