FORUMS: list search recent posts

Automating PS to resize, & make adjustments to a large number of TIFF slides

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph
Automating PS to resize, & make adjustments to a large number of TIFF slides
on May 24, 2005 at 10:27:00 am

I am digitalising about a 1000 medical slides with a Minolta Dimage 5400 scanner...this scans the slides into TIFFS between 100 to 200 MB in size....

I then need to make some adjustments of the colours & brightness,...this needs to be done individually... but then I need to resize them into JPGS of one size... say 720 by 576 for PAL video... is there any easy way to automate this, so that I dont need to do each individually, & at the same time, keep the originals...

also I note that when I import the TIFFS in PS, that there is no option to ' save as' as JPEG any how... I appreciate your help....

Return to posts index

Eric Chard
Re: Automating PS to resize, & make adjustments to a large number of TIFF slides
on May 24, 2005 at 6:30:40 pm

Piece of cake. Read up on ACTIONS and BATCH operations in your manual. I do this all the time, converting big PSDs to med & small JPGs.

As to not having an option to save....bizarre. If there are PATHS in your file, that might be the problem. But if you FLATTEN layers and kill all paths, RGB mode, you should be able to save as anything. Also, SAVE COPY might allow you.

Try your BATCH ACTION first on a small, temp directory--, sometimes it's tricky to understand the saving options.

Return to posts index

Joseph
Re: Automating PS to resize, & make adjustments to a large number of TIFF slides
on May 24, 2005 at 9:25:05 pm

Ok thanks about the batch
But I cant save them as JPGES unless I use the save for Web Function.. is there some thing else I am not selecting
could it be because the TIFFA are 16bit Linear? I am using PS 7

Return to posts index

Eric Chard
on May 24, 2005 at 9:44:32 pm

Yeah, the 16bit is probably the issue.

Since it sounds like you're going to PAL, is there any reason NOT to change to 24bit RGB? That can be an Action step too, no doubt.

And Actions do not necessarily overwrite the original material.

Return to posts index

joseph
on May 25, 2005 at 7:07:35 am

How do I change to 24bit RBG?

The scanner scans at 8, 16, & 16 Linear...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]