PS CS, large file handling

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom
PS CS, large file handling
by
on May 21, 2005 at 5:51:58 pm

Hello,
Has anyone ever noticed a significant hang upon opening tif's or other psd files while one is already opened? As soon as I installed Photoshop CS1 from PS 6.0, I noticed a significant delay in opening files within PS from the file open dialogue. when I double click a file to open, the system hangs sometimes around 4-5 seconds on up to as much as 20 seconds before opening the file.

So I was curious if whether or not it is a graphics card issue, ram or perhaps Photoshop itself. So then I looked on the install CD and found a folder that contains optional extensions or registry keys that ar used to improve, turn on or off certain functions in Photoshop.

Has anyone experienced this problem and found a fix. Are these registry keys perhaps a solution?

Thanks for the help,
Tom

Return to posts index

Tom
HUGE thread found, maybe helpful to some
by
on May 21, 2005 at 9:24:39 pm

I just found some rather interesting info over at the Adobe Photshop forum about CS 2 performance. I know I am using CS 1 but that thread is definitely a earfull of great information. At least it was for me.

I found info regarding a plugin for PS CS1 that improved performance in my mind about 50-60 percent. Still not as fast as my older system with PS 6 but definitely a huge improvement.

You should check out this recent thread over there "WARNING: Photoshop CS2 Big Disappointment", and for grins, I decided to load CS onto my rendering system for this test and then posted some of my own test results at the end of the thread.

If anyone is curious about the plugin from Adobe, here is a link for both Windows and Mac

Windows:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=2552

Mac:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=2551

I'm sure there is going to be more to this issue about memory performance and saving file compatibility.

Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]