FORUMS: list search recent posts

best resolution for auditorium slide show?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Laurie
best resolution for auditorium slide show?
on May 18, 2005 at 6:26:56 pm

I want to present some candid digital shots of kids at my wifes dance studio in a slide show at a college auditorium as people enter and sit before the yearly show. What would be the best resolution and way of doing this. They have a large screen. I can get an lcd projector, how many lumens would be adequest in a lit auditorium? What resolution would you put the show together at? dvd seems to low at 720x480? I'll be using a canon rebel digital cam. Any other tips regarding the pictures processing in photoshop for this type of presentation would be appreciated. I was thinking a laptop with either powerpoint, or proshow gold.

thanks,
Jack

Return to posts index

vitaminman
Re: best resolution for auditorium slide show?
on May 20, 2005 at 12:38:31 am

Hey,

I do 3-4 of these a week for high school banquets :)

These are my rules (assuming that you're assembling these in another program like Premiere or After Effects):

1. Scan your pics at 300 dpi. As your dvd output is fixed at 72 dpi, it gives you room to pan/zoom your pics around.
2. Scan them at 720x540. Your editing program will output 720x480 when you render out your .mp2 files.

As for lumens, I really don't know (although I should). The best thing would be to actually go there with the projector and see if it is bright enough, and if it isn't find out where the light switch it. A lot of places will allow you to dim the lights so that if they're not allowed to be completely off, they can be at least not as bright. My experience is that the people putting together and running the show care WAY more about quality and brightness than the audience does, so try not to be too hard on yourself :)

Take care,

Nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]