FORUMS: list search recent posts

A little help, layers

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cuel
A little help, layers
by
on May 12, 2005 at 9:33:26 am

Okay here is my problem, I've made a yellow ball in photoshop with white around it and i want to remove the white inside adobe after effects, I've asked in that forum and got this answer

"Is the ball on it's own layer in photoshop ? And does it have transparancy there ?

If not, you need to make an alpha-channel for the yellow ball.

Ypu can do this in After effects, but I would do it in Photoshop:
I'd suggest duplicating the blue channel and using that as an alpha, you might want to tweak the levels;
then once the yellow ball has it's own layer, don't forget to "remove white matting" from that layer.

In After effects import your .psd as a composition, or import only the ball-layer.
Now you should have transparancy."

Now since I'm not really good in photoshop I could really use a tutorial on how to make all these things or if some nice person could write here.
This is the last thing I need to complete my movie and I have a deadline so I don't have all the time in the world :/

Return to posts index

Cuel
Re: A little help, layers
by
on May 12, 2005 at 8:36:49 pm

bump.. i relly need someones help!!

Return to posts index

Jeff Cochran
on May 13, 2005 at 6:33:16 am

OK, try this

Open the original Photoshop file. In the layers palette, double click the layer icon for the ball, this will make a layer out of the background. Use the oval marquee selection tool to select the ball (See below for an easy way to accurately select a round shape). Invert the selection by hitting Apple, Shift I. and then hit the delete key. You now have a layer with just the ball. Save as a .PSD file and re-import into AE. You may want to import just the layer into AE.

Here's a way to get an accurate selection quickly: Pull out guideline to each side of the ball (Top, Bottom, Right and left). With the oval selection tool, click and hold the cross hairs in the upper left corner where the top and left guides meet. Hold down the shift key and drag the cross hairs to the right and bottom guide intersection.

Good luck

Jeff Cochran

http://www.jeffcochrandigitalartist.com/

Return to posts index

Cuel
by
on May 13, 2005 at 3:21:47 pm

Yay! Thanks Alot mate. That helped me almost to 100% Now i Just need to know if i Can someone Mark while i Paint so I dont have to mark what i want to be visisble in the movie after I've painted. Is this possible?

Return to posts index

Jeff Cochran
on May 13, 2005 at 5:14:38 pm

Come Back

I'm sorry, I don't understand this. Could you re-word it. I'm leaving town in two hours, if you respnond quickly, I'll see if I can get you an answer.

Jeff Cochran

Return to posts index

Cuel
by
on May 13, 2005 at 5:46:51 pm

Ok, I want to paint some stripes etc, Is there some how i can mark, you know bounding box while i draw? And then invert and delete background. Like i did in the ball when i removed the white but mark while i draw.

Return to posts index

Jeff Cochran
on May 15, 2005 at 10:43:19 pm

In the options for the marquee tool, there is a pull down menu, in the pull down menu is an item called "Fixed Size". When you select this, next to the pull menu a width and height fields will be highlighted. Make the height the number of pixels of the canvas, and the width however wide you want the stripes. Click the apple and shift keys with the i key and it will invert the selection.

Jeff Cochran

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]