FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why when you merge two layers with LAYER STYLE on, does it change the colour?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DanielHaskett
Why when you merge two layers with LAYER STYLE on, does it change the colour?
on May 7, 2005 at 9:01:44 pm

Hi there

Basically I have 2 layers, both with Color Overlay set on their Layer Style, but when I merge them down into 1 layer, one of the layers changes colour a bit...dont understand why? Is it merging both color overlays together? If so, how can you get around this?

Thanks

Dan

Return to posts index

Jeff Cochran
Re: Why when you merge two layers with LAYER STYLE on, does it change the colour?
on May 8, 2005 at 4:07:01 pm

I don't know why, but here's a couple of things to try.

1. Create a new, blank layer, link the other two layers to it, (This one has the eye ball, the other two are just linked) then try to merge linked.

2. Hide all the other layers, and save a copy of the file as a tif or pict file, open that file, copy and paste in place of the other two layers.

In dealing with layer modes, No 2 will probably be your best bet.

Jeff Cochran

http://www.jeffcochrandigitalartist.com/

Return to posts index

LeeBrimelow
Re: Why when you merge two layers with LAYER STYLE on, does it change the colour?
on May 8, 2005 at 4:10:05 pm

If you merge two layers together that both have color overlays on them, it will take the style from the bottom layer. If you need to maintain the different colors then you can flatten the layer styles before merging them. To flatten layer styles just merge the layer with an empty layer below it.

Lee

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]