FORUMS: list search recent posts

problem printing true colours after Photoshop CS2 upgrade

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ken fenner
problem printing true colours after Photoshop CS2 upgrade
on Apr 29, 2005 at 8:25:26 am

I have recently upgraded from Photoshop CS to Photoshop CS2, but left CS still on the system just in case. Now, whenever I print a file in CS2 to my printer (Epsom R800 inkjet), the colours go dark (eg. Cyan becomes almost dark Royal Blue). Open up same file in Photoshop CS and print to same printer and colours are correct. Monitor picture is same in either application and looks correct.

Colour Management setup in CS and CS2 are same, printer handles colour management, European default, mode is RGB.

Only difference I can see is CS2 under MORE OPTIONS has an Engine option which I have changed from Adobe to Windows with no effect. CS does not seem to have this option.

Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong, have not set correctly or should do to correct this? PC is Windows XP Home Edition, SP2, 1Gbyte RAM, AMD processor.

At present, I have to go from CS2 to CS and open file in order to get accurate printout.

thanks

Return to posts index

Gus Little
Re: problem printing true colours after Photoshop CS2 upgrade
on May 15, 2005 at 6:39:56 pm

Dont' feel alone. I'm having the exact problem. R800 as well. I should try printing to my 1280 in CS2 to see if it's R800 specific. I'll let you know.

Return to posts index

Gus Little
on May 17, 2005 at 8:52:51 pm

I tried printing the same file out of CS2 to my Epson 1280 and it seems to look normal, so maybe it's an R800 driver issue? Hmmmm.

Return to posts index

ken fenner
on May 18, 2005 at 8:14:49 am

I have changed the colour management to use Photoshop and found a profile in photoshop for the R800. Using this setting, the colours appear much closer to those when using CS version, even though the CS setup is to use the printer for colour management.

So maybe the fix is to use Photoshop colour management with the inbuilt R800 profile.

regards
Ken

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]