FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color range question

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mikkelina
Color range question
on Apr 27, 2005 at 3:05:42 pm

I'm in the process of adjusting all aspects of a portrait. Part of that is to change the background color. When I do that, there are a few things that I don't know how to fix.
1. the little hairs that "stick out" into the background color get chopped off when I change the background color. Makes it look choppy and unnatural.
2. Because of the way the photo was taken, there is a slight "glow" within the edges of the person's hair and face (usually same color as the original background color. So when I I change the background color, that looks awful. How do I make these colors blend better with the skin and hair color?
I have used color range, layer via copy and the hue/saturation adjustment. It works alright, but really not perfect. I'm sure there's a better way!
thanks!

Return to posts index

jason white
Re: Color range question
on Apr 27, 2005 at 7:35:06 pm

Try doing the same thing without layer via copy - make a duplicate of your layer first, make the color range selection second and then hit with the duplicate layer selected hit the layer mask button at the bottom of the layer palette. Now do your hue/sat adjust and then play with the layer mask icon attached to your dup layer - like select and try applying different blur settings and or levels settings to contract/expand the matte a bit. Anyway - more flexible that way you might be able to tweek it better. Just don't use layer via copy cause it's not flexible.

jason

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]