FORUMS: list search recent posts

print area issues

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ponyack
print area issues
on Apr 26, 2005 at 10:36:43 pm

hi

i am using photshop 7 with a okidta 5150 and a epson 820 each time i try to print i get a message saying that the area of the image is larger than the paper and some clipping will occur. i have checked the printable margin for both printers but still no luck. is this something as simple as creating documents that are 8 X 10.5 instead of a full page?
what i am trying to accomplish is printing double sided postcards on one sheet of paper, each card would be 5 1/2 x 4 1/2. any help would be great, by the way i am printing the cards and they look good despite the warning.

thanks

ponyack

Return to posts index

Dave Johnson
Re: print area issues
on Apr 27, 2005 at 3:37:12 am

I'm sure someone else can give you a better answer as to why that happens and how to stop it, but I thought it might be helpful for you to hear that I often get the "clipping" warning when printing and typically ignore it since the prints always come out just as I wanted them despite the warning.

Return to posts index

ponyack
on Apr 27, 2005 at 7:54:15 pm

Dave,

sometimes that works for me as well...what i did discover is that each printer has a printable area...by simple trial an error i found the print size for my okidata by adjusting the height and width untill the clipping message stoppped.

if you have word or word pad you can check the area by going to page setup, make all margin zero, wordpad will adjust the margins to reflect whichevr printer you are working with.

ponyack

Return to posts index

Dave Johnson
on Apr 27, 2005 at 9:29:49 pm

Thanks...I just never pursued a solution since it has never been a show-stopping problem for me, but I guess I might as well do it the right way.

Return to posts index

ponyack
on Apr 27, 2005 at 9:47:04 pm

what i noticed since i started using the "printable area"( which is all of one day) is that the mysterious image shift is gone...i think it makes getting the image to sit center so much easier, in my case i am doing double sided post cards an use the bleed as a border to the image. glad to be of help

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]