FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camera Raw actions ?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
greg gefell
Camera Raw actions ?
on Apr 20, 2005 at 8:09:19 pm

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to write actions that don't reference the file name. What I want to do is create a button that will open the currently selected file in the file browser with the settings I've already applied to the .xmp file, put that file on a layer, then open the raw file again with a different exposure setting (to get back some lost hilite detail) and paste that onto a layer above the previous opening. Should be easy except that the action includes my filename in it and consequently is useless on any other files. What am I missing? Thanks.

Return to posts index

mikegondek
Re: Camera Raw actions ?
on Apr 23, 2005 at 11:39:59 am

Yes this must be annoying, and your problem comes from soemthing very simple. The open command must recoed a filename when creating an action.

It is a shame cause actions record much detail about the settings used in a raw conversion.

But I think I have found a solution. When choosing batch there is a checkbox for Overide Action open command. Make sure that checkbox is checked and I believe that si what I used ion the past to get the result you need. Let me know how things turn out have to work again this weekend put out some fires.

Return to posts index

greg gefell
Re: Camera Raw actions ?
on Apr 26, 2005 at 1:21:16 pm

Thanks for the heads up - I'll try it out as soon as I can get to it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]