FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batch Action to Covert EPS to Web Optimized jpeg

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
5x54u
Batch Action to Covert EPS to Web Optimized jpeg
on Apr 20, 2005 at 5:44:20 pm

Good Morning

I am on a quest for a Batch Action to convert eps to web optimized jpeg.

In addition I would like to maintain the same directory structure and image names. My directory structure is like this:

EPS
01.eps
01.eps
03 and so on up to 268

THe batch action would then need to create

jpegs
01.jpeg
01.jpeg

and so

Now I am sure this batch action does not exist. Could someone point me to a tuitorial that explains making your own batch actions in PS?

Thank you

Return to posts index

Matt Sonberg
Re: Batch Action to Covert EPS to Web Optimized jpeg
on Apr 22, 2005 at 4:33:43 pm

Hey. I just figured this out the other day... if you open your history window by clicking on window and selecting history. Then select the "actions" tab within that window. You can create a new set by clicking on the little folder in the actions tab at the bottom. Then you'll see a record button to the left of that folder icon. That'll start recording your action. You may have to try to record the action a couple of times to get it exactly the way you want, but it's pretty easy. Then when you're ready to run a batch, open all of the files you need to modify. Go to File/Automate/Batch... In that window you'll see a drop down called: Action. Just select the new action you just created and make sure the rest of your settings look ok. That should do it. You may have to do a little trial and error to get everything right but that's the gist of it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]