FORUMS: list search recent posts

proxies work sometimes

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aidan Fraser
proxies work sometimes
on May 16, 2008 at 5:20:10 pm

-In Quicktime Player I can open the Full proxies, play them, and export movies or image sequences.
-In Final Cut Pro I get the green bar when stopped but they play just fine. The _H proxies work in stop.
-In Shake I get the green bar for preview and render. Again the High proxies work fine.

Anyone know why the proxies act differently in different Aps?
Ideally I would like to use the Full proxies in Shake, because Shake is scriptable.

Mac Pro
OS 10.4.11
Quicktime 7.4.5

Return to posts index

Russell Lasson
Re: proxies work sometimes
on May 16, 2008 at 7:29:38 pm

Wow. Would you look at that. The _F proxy now opens in Quicktime. Last time I tried it, it didn't work. When I take the _F proxy into FCP 6.0.3, it crashes. I haven't tried Shake.

The _F proxy is problematic because QT hasn't liked files much bigger than 2K. It looks like things are starting to change, but it doesn't look like it's there yet.

Russell Lasson
Kaleidoscope Pictures
Provo, UT

Return to posts index

Ben Holmes
Re: proxies work sometimes
on May 17, 2008 at 9:00:18 am

It's worth noting there's not too much point playing with the F proxies - they are generated by scaling the H proxy up, so they contain no more info or detail than the H ones. This is according to posts on reduser, eg.:

Indeed, Stuart and Deanan from RED have explicitly said not to touch the F's until they are properly supported.

Hopefully this (and the log and transfer half-size limitation) will disappear in the legendary build 16. Along with all wars and the boogeyman.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved