FORUMS: list search recent posts

proxies work sometimes

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aidan Fraser
proxies work sometimes
on May 16, 2008 at 5:20:10 pm

-In Quicktime Player I can open the Full proxies, play them, and export movies or image sequences.
-In Final Cut Pro I get the green bar when stopped but they play just fine. The _H proxies work in stop.
-In Shake I get the green bar for preview and render. Again the High proxies work fine.

Anyone know why the proxies act differently in different Aps?
Ideally I would like to use the Full proxies in Shake, because Shake is scriptable.

Thanks,
Aidan

Mac Pro
OS 10.4.11
Quicktime 7.4.5

Return to posts index

Russell Lasson
Re: proxies work sometimes
on May 16, 2008 at 7:29:38 pm

Wow. Would you look at that. The _F proxy now opens in Quicktime. Last time I tried it, it didn't work. When I take the _F proxy into FCP 6.0.3, it crashes. I haven't tried Shake.

The _F proxy is problematic because QT hasn't liked files much bigger than 2K. It looks like things are starting to change, but it doesn't look like it's there yet.

-Russ

Russell Lasson
Kaleidoscope Pictures
Provo, UT

Return to posts index

Ben Holmes
Re: proxies work sometimes
on May 17, 2008 at 9:00:18 am

It's worth noting there's not too much point playing with the F proxies - they are generated by scaling the H proxy up, so they contain no more info or detail than the H ones. This is according to posts on reduser, eg.:

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12832&highlight=F+proxies

Indeed, Stuart and Deanan from RED have explicitly said not to touch the F's until they are properly supported.

Hopefully this (and the log and transfer half-size limitation) will disappear in the legendary build 16. Along with all wars and the boogeyman.

;)

Ben

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]