FORUMS: list search recent posts

RED Workflow outside of FCP

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gav Bott
RED Workflow outside of FCP
on Apr 24, 2008 at 4:11:10 am

With Scarlet in the wings and Red doing great work what are the chances that other NLE companies are going to work well with RED Code.

Especially with Scarlet being released, a nice cheap package that could easily have an XL1 effect on the market. Are we realistically going to be restricted to FCP, or are the other developers getting a look in. Is there an offical full tie in with FCP only?

I mean, how nice would it be to shoot Scarlet, edit in Vegas, output and transfer through the Red Deck - above top end rez with below bottom end prices?

The Brit in Brisbane
The Pomme in Production - Brisbane Australia.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: RED Workflow outside of FCP
on Apr 25, 2008 at 10:45:50 am

I'd figure every NLE company will join the bandwagon once RED's SDK is out... If Panny could sell 80,000+ cameras into the market in a couple of years (DVX 100's), I'll bet that Scarlet will be those folk's next camera. NLE companies will be all over it I'll wager.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer

Author: "Jerry Hofmann on Final Cut Pro 4" Click here

Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Apr 30, 2008 at 10:43:03 pm

CineForm was showing a RED workflow at NAB...it was converting frames faster than anything I've seen so far...

For some reason, RED doesn't like it...perhaps because it simply bypasses their SDK.

CineForm has been editing motion RAW on the timeline for a couple years now so perhaps they didn't require it...

TimK,
Director, Consultant
Kolb Productions,

CPO, Digieffects

Return to posts index

Dylan Reeve
on May 20, 2008 at 10:38:01 pm

Every RED video we've done so far has been cut in Avid, with finishing in Baselight.

I haven't used Vegas in a long time, but from memory it wasn't well suited to tracking the metadata, which is the biggest hurdle in using a non-supported NLE really.

Return to posts index

Russell Lasson
on May 21, 2008 at 4:25:31 pm

I'd love to hear your workflow on how you went to AVID.

-Russ

Russell Lasson
Kaleidoscope Pictures
Provo, UT

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]