FORUMS: list search recent posts

Red Footage Conversion?????

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Keeny
Red Footage Conversion?????
on Mar 4, 2014 at 11:03:47 pm

There is plenty of info about this topic and I have done my research but just wanted to put my issues out there and see if anyone has any ideas.

This is my first time working with Red Footage that involved editing and not just doing post production work w RED footage. The footage was shot @3k using the red scarlet. I have logged, added metadata and organized the footage using Prelude. I rendered the footage in Adobe Media Encoder using Pro Res proxy to do an offline edit.

The video requires a bunch of composting work in After Effects as well as rescaling footage. Utilizing the 3k footage in a 1920 comp I am able to accomplish the resizing I need to do. I was also planning on doing the After Effects work on the RED footage converted using ProRes HQ. I have converted a file or two that need to be resized using Pro Res 422HQ at 3840x2160. These files end up being much larger than the original raw file. So any files that need to be resized I have been just working with the RAW footage.

The After Effects projects that are using the RAW footage have been running slightly slow but nothing terrible it is the render time that is killing me. A 2 second clip sized down about 75% from 3840x2160 in a 1920x1080 AE comp with just basic panning movement using position keyframes takes more than two hours to render. If this is my fate for this project I can deal but any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Computer Info:
Apple iMac 27 inch Mid 2011
3.1 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB Ram
AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024MB

Thank you in advance

Return to posts index

David Battistella
Re: Red Footage Conversion?????
on Mar 5, 2014 at 6:20:57 am

Aaron,

Those render times sound a bit off?

Are you applying neat video or any other plugin? How do you have after effects interpreting the footage. It definitely should not be taking that long to render r3ds. Do you have the las test adobe plugins installed from red.com?

All things to check on.

Battistella

http://www.bottegabattistella.com/blog/

Return to posts index

Aaron Keeny
Re: Red Footage Conversion?????
on Mar 8, 2014 at 2:35:18 pm

Thanks for the response.

I figured out my main issue was I had some bad memory I have since replaced it and things are running smoothly again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]