FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need advice on Red Camera shoot where A and B cam shot two different frame rates.

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joe bernard
Need advice on Red Camera shoot where A and B cam shot two different frame rates.
on Dec 2, 2013 at 4:14:06 am

Wondering if anyone has encountered this before and could share the work flow they used to deal with this issue.

I'm working on a project shot on the Red Scarlet with two cameras. A cam was shot at 24, B cam was shot at 23.98. This is a mistake made in the field.

We are cutting in final cut pro 7, and I would like to convert one of the camera's footage so I'm working in the same frame rate for the edit. Is this something the Red-Cine X pro is best suited for? Or is this a job for Cinema Tools perhaps?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. We are planning to do our offline edit in ProRes 422, and match back the 4K raw files eventually for color correction.

thanks.

Return to posts index

David Battistella
Re: Need advice on Red Camera shoot where A and B cam shot two different frame rates.
on Dec 2, 2013 at 2:22:28 pm

Pick the framerate you are going to finish in. Let's say it's 23.98.

Take all of your 24FPS source and render it all out as PR 422 HQ.

Convert all of that rendered footage using a compressor preset to convert it from 24.00 to 23.98

Edit everything in a 23.98 timeline.

When you need to conform either use your rendered files against the r3d or set your CC software to render out 23.98 from a 23.98 timeline.
You will need to look out for render problems if you do this, depending on how you plan to finish.

David

http://www.davidbattistella.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]