FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keylight yields extremely noisy key

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Dixon
Keylight yields extremely noisy key
on Nov 16, 2013 at 5:55:59 pm

Hey all, I've been keying for a long, long time but I've never run into this. I applied keylight to an EXR sequence (still 32 bit float so we shouldn't have lost any color info or anything) of a scene shot on the RED EPIC and it keyed way more out than I was expecting. Even when I do a lot of tweaking clipping blacks and whites in the effect settings, the results aren't much better. There's a little bit of green spill in this but nowhere near enough to get results like this. Does anybody have any idea why this is happening? Should I be working in a different color space or something? Or does the footage need to be interpreted in a way other than its default? I knew the earphone would need some roto work to keep, but the rest of the key was a total surprise. Even the obsolete color key plugin yields better results. Thanks in advance for the help!

Return to posts index

David Battistella
Re: Keylight yields extremely noisy key
on Dec 2, 2013 at 6:00:39 pm

That shot looks a bit underexposed, but I have not seen anything like that before. The green in the back window does not look lit either.

Not sure where that pattern is coming from. Have you tried to pull the key from an R3D snapshot to see if the results are the same?

Do you know how the image was exported?

David

http://www.davidbattistella.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]