FORUMS: list search recent posts

File Bounds Error

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evren Aydoğdu
File Bounds Error
on Apr 6, 2013 at 1:17:50 am

Hi there,

Apologies if this has been asked before but I gave up searching after being long enough on google where there is no answer for me apart from suggestion of using DaVinci instead of RedCine.

I'm trying to convert some raw footage shot with a RED One camera to Apple ProRes HQ to be edited in Final Cut Pro 7. Some of the clips are not transcoded completely giving "File Bounds Error".

I'm not certain if this actually is the key but still want to mention that the parts converted are all less than 42 seconds, (some are 41 seconds, but maximum 42) and REDCINE-X Pro v.14 lets me have the rest of it converted if I give an In point right after where it failed to convert. Some very long clips had to be 3 or 4 pieces though.

The computer is Mac OS X, version 10.6.8, and it has Red Rocket fitted in.

I suspect that it is caused by the camera settings but need to make sure before I blame it on the camera crew as my knowledge of RedCine is not so good.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Evren Aydoğdu
Re: File Bounds Error
on Apr 6, 2013 at 3:17:08 am

For those who might come across this problem, finally I've got the answer. It's something to do with the format of the destination disk. Changing destination has solved it!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]