FORUMS: list search recent posts

Duplicates!

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Allan
Duplicates!
on Feb 12, 2013 at 6:49:07 pm

Hi guys sorry to ask this, but i've never converted RED footage before and literally got my advice off a youtube video so i'd like some more guidance if possible-

Basically I have exported using the RED cine X for use on FCP (Pro Res 4444) I click half on 4K. I've also been told 10% of the footage was shot in 5K the rest in 2k??

Anyway it took about 3 days at which point i've released i have made copies of both files. Is this normal and why did it do this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben.

Return to posts index

Angelo Lorenzo
Re: Duplicates!
on Feb 14, 2013 at 12:58:13 am

You should be fine in terms of how settings were selected. 4K and above will use the half setting (the half debayering) while the 2k will use full. Everything will get resized to 1920x1080 (or I assume, as ProRes doesn't have the bitrate to handle anything larger than 2K since it's really an intermediate format). 5K, unless you set some crop marks may result in shadow boxes.

Chances are you just aren't use to how Redcine-X selects and adds items to the export queue so you may have selected from the full bin twice or maybe you double loaded a bin.

--------------------
Angelo Lorenzo

Need to encode ProRes on your Windows PC?
Introducing ProRes Helper, an awesome little app that makes it possible
Fallen Empire Digital Production Services - Los Angeles
RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services
Fallen Empire - The Blog
A blog dedicated to filmmaking, the RED workflow, and DIT tips and tricks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]