FORUMS: list search recent posts

huge amount of footage. Automated sighting?

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
fabian stueckrath
huge amount of footage. Automated sighting?
on Nov 16, 2012 at 9:31:52 am

Hi there,
i have got a huge amount of "R3d" Footage. It would take days to sight it carefully and lots of hours to create screengrabs manually. My Question: Is there an automated process (for example in redcine) to generate markers on a staple of clips, lets say every 100th frame for each clip, and export these into separate folders? I need to have draft information about the content of every clip, as a basis for the editing process.

Im not too experienced with the red workflow, so sorry for this rookie question. I couldnt find a fitting topic here.
Thanks in advance for any kind of help!
Cheers
Fabian

Return to posts index

Angelo Lorenzo
Re: huge amount of footage. Automated sighting?
on Nov 20, 2012 at 6:08:43 am

Where you have Redcine X installed you should also have a command line utility called REDline. There will be a help PDF for REDline, but suffice to say, you'll need to create a batch file with commands that look like:

REDline.exe --i "D:\A001_0726NZ.RDM\A001_C001_0726S2.RDC\A001_C001_0726S2_001.R3D" --outdir c:\test\ --o test_file --format 1 --res 2 --start 100 --end 100

--i being input file
--outdir being output directory
--o being output filename (take this switch out and it should match the filename of your R3D if I'm not mistaken)
--Format 1 is tiff
--res 2 is half debayer high quality
--start is frame number
--end is frame number (match start for 1 frame)

If your file is shorter than the start frame, it will be skipped.

You can then batch your TIFF images to jpeg or whatever else you need in a myriad of other programs. REDline is perfect for stuff like this.

Angelo Lorenzo

Love my answer? Do me a huge favor and check out my Kickstarter project The Librarian, starring Jennie Garth of Beverly Hills 90210.

Fallen Empire Digital Production Services - Los Angeles
RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services
Fallen Empire - The Blog
A blog dedicated to filmmaking, the RED workflow, and DIT tips and tricks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]