FORUMS: list search recent posts

Red Avid transcode error at frame 4681 several clips and mags

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
megan mitchell
Red Avid transcode error at frame 4681 several clips and mags
on Nov 10, 2012 at 7:23:42 pm

hi.

I'm transcoding some Red footage using Red Cine X Pro. I am converting to AVID MXF File DNX HD 175 10-Bit. I am using this setting because it is what post wants.

I have 5 clips from 2 different mags that are not able to process the image for frame 5681.

Has anyone had this problem?

Do you think it might be a software glitch? Camera glitch? I'm having no luck logging into my RedUser account or i would ask there.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Red Avid transcode error at frame 4681 several clips and mags
on Nov 10, 2012 at 8:32:15 pm

Do you have anything else that can use the r3d files natively like the CS6 suite or FCPX with the free red plugin?

If so, check to see if that frame can be dedcoded outside of RCX Pro.

If it can and the frames seem good, see if you can transcode to something else besides Avid MXF in RCX Pro.

If you can, then it should point to an Avid problem, if it can't it should point to bad footage.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Angelo Lorenzo
Re: Red Avid transcode error at frame 4681 several clips and mags
on Nov 14, 2012 at 10:31:12 pm

An alternate thing to try is, if you have a Red Rocket, is to transcode in software mode. I've found this can save some bad frames. The Red Rocket, in my experience, just completely stalls on truly corrupted frames

Never discount just watching the footage as a QA check. If there is no issue in/around that frame then I'd give it the A-OK.

What makes me lean more towards a software issue is the process erroring on the same frame for multiple clips.

Angelo Lorenzo

Love my answer? Do me a huge favor and check out my Kickstarter project The Librarian, starring Jennie Garth of Beverly Hills 90210.

Fallen Empire Digital Production Services - Los Angeles
RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services
Fallen Empire - The Blog
A blog dedicated to filmmaking, the RED workflow, and DIT tips and tricks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]