FORUMS: list search recent posts

RedCine-X transcodes multiple R3D's as single Clip

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
liam wellington
RedCine-X transcodes multiple R3D's as single Clip
on Oct 27, 2012 at 10:48:06 am

Hi, this is just my first time with the red Workflow and I want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong.
I noticed that when transcoding to ProRes (Proxy), if there are multiple R3D's in a single folder, they will transcode as a single clip. Seeing as how these multiple R3D's are around 4gb, I'm assuming it has something to do with the 4gb limit of Fat32, and that in fact the multiple files were filmed as a single take.

But I just want to make sure when I go to relink in say, Davinci Resolve, it will conform okay. Will it know that a single QT clip may need to be linked to several different r3d's? It worries me that I don't have exact QT duplicates of the r3d's. As I'm about to pass these off for edit, it'd be good to know. I've searched around but couldn't find an answer.

Return to posts index

Moreen Littrell
Re: RedCine-X transcodes multiple R3D's as single Clip
on Jul 11, 2013 at 6:37:58 am

I wish someone responded to your post as I am having a similar problem.

I am trying to export/transcode R3D files to Prores via Redcine and it works on ALL my footage just fine except for the one clip that is split into 6 R3D files (each running 2GB long).

Trying to export/transcode this and I end up with just the first 1/6 of the clip. The only way to transcode the other five clips is to put each original file into 6 separate folders and run the export/transcode on each but then I am left with independent clips that don't run continuously unless I edit them together. This is doable but seems odd that I would have to do that. More importantly, I don't know whether I should then move the original clips back into the original folder or keep the subfolders as I'm don't want any relinking/conforming issues when I am ready to relink/color.

Bottom line: what is the process for transcoding clips with multiple R3D files into prores422 so that it ends up in one continues .mov file for editing and remains relinkable?

Return to posts index

Stuart Lanceley
on Dec 6, 2013 at 11:52:07 am

1) I have had the same problem.
2) I am no expert.
3) I have found a simplistic work-around.
4) I hope someone smart can suggest a better solution...

I tried exporting the offending (multiple R3D) clip by opening REDCINE-X , double clicking the clip to open it in the Viewer and then File / Export and it came out fine. (Select 'Clip in Viewer' in the Export window options when prompted).

I was told it might be because the exported files are too big? It was suggested that I export to my desktop rather than a network drive. All the files I had problems with seemed to max out at 2.15Gb. Perhaps try that if the Clip In Viewer export trick doesn't work?

Return to posts index

David Battistella
on Dec 6, 2013 at 3:00:25 pm

EXPORT with BIN>ALL CLIPS

NOT

EXPORT TIMELINE

Export timeline makes one clip.

Export Bin all clips makes individual clips.

It's in the lower right corner of the App window.

David

http://www.davidbattistella.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]