FORUMS: list search recent posts

Redcine x pro-exporting sequence as fast as possible

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anton Petersen
Redcine x pro-exporting sequence as fast as possible
on Oct 25, 2012 at 11:50:53 pm

Hi,

I'm editing .r3d files on FCP7 for the first time and I'm trying to figure out the best workflow, for me.

I'm creating prores proxies through redcine x pro, editing on fcp7, exporting xml sequence, importing sequence xml to redcine x pro and reconnecting .r3d files while at it, do basic color correction and exporting to apple prores 4444(or maybe do a quicktime wrap) to import on FCP to make final adjustments like stabilizing, cropping or whatever might be needed.

My question is, if there is any way to speed up the sequence export process in redcine x pro??

The sequence is divided into clips, but when exporting, redcine reads the sequence as one file and does not utilize the full cpu power through the REDline option and does not render up to 6 clips at a time. It would save a lot of time. I'm not in a hurry as of now, but I know I'll be, when the deadline approaches so every minute spared is valuable. I'm only testing the workflow now.

Anton Petersen

Return to posts index

David Battistella
Re: Redcine x pro-exporting sequence as fast as possible
on Oct 26, 2012 at 5:12:24 pm

Yes,

You can tell RCX in the setting panel to use all of the CPU's and also to render multiple clips as well. You need to have redline installed, It is a command line tool that leverages the use of all of the processors.

Turn on activity monitor to make certain it is working.

David

Return to posts index

Anton Petersen
on Oct 27, 2012 at 12:40:58 pm

Thank you David!

I've been looking for the redline command line program that you speak of-without any result. I'm currently running the Redcine x pro free download from the red.com. I suppose the redline command line program is not included in this download? I cannot find it in any setting/preference panel in Redcine x pro except when setting up the export settings for an export preset, I check the "use REDline (software only)" box in the options tab.

Where can I get the redline command line program?

Return to posts index

David Battistella
on Oct 29, 2012 at 6:56:01 pm

[Anton Petersen] "Where can I get the redline command line program?"

If I am not mistaken, it is installed with the app, hence you can switch it on, as you have within the app.

It used to be installed separately back when redrushes was around.

With it switched on you should see all of your processors being used during render.

David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]