FORUMS: list search recent posts

REDCine-X Pro Troubles!

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicole Abbott
REDCine-X Pro Troubles!
on Oct 14, 2012 at 5:33:30 am

I am trying to convert RED Scarlett footage in order to cut it in Avid Media Composer. I am converting using Cine-X Pro. I was instructed to rename all my footage in Cine-X Pro before exporting it. So this is what I did. I renamed all my clips, then I did a test export. I am exporting as Avid AAF & MXF, 1080p/24 DNxHD 115 8-bit. I wasn't sure which one to pick because of the 115 at the end. If someone could clarify what this number entails, that would be great. So I exported it to the MXF > 1 file. However, when I tried to import the AAF file into Avid, it says the clip is offline. Clearly, I am doing something wrong. I'm hoping someone could help me in simple terms, as I am a novice to codecs and such. Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Angelo Lorenzo
Re: REDCine-X Pro Troubles!
on Oct 17, 2012 at 5:08:12 am

The number at the end of the codec is the bitrate. Common bitrates include 36 (for proxy editing on slow machines) to 175 or 220 which are usually robust enough to carry through the edit to final finishing.

The AAF files also have corresponding MXF files, these need to be placed where ever Avid has it's media folder set. I'm not particularly familiar with Avid, but it tends to keep all assets in one place. The AAF files can then be brought into the project and the footage should act normally.

Pop over to the Avid forum for clarification.

Angelo Lorenzo
Fallen Empire Digital Production Services - Los Angeles
RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services
Fallen Empire - The Blog
A blog dedicated to filmmaking, the RED workflow, and DIT tips and tricks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]