FORUMS: list search recent posts

RedCine-X: How To Export Clips into Consecutive Folders?

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Conlee
RedCine-X: How To Export Clips into Consecutive Folders?
on Aug 31, 2012 at 12:36:50 am

Hello Everybody,

I'm pulling a gazillion VFX plates using an EDL from Avid Media Composer. Redcine-X is perfect. It quickly accepts my EDL and links to the R3D files on the drive. So far so good. But what I want to do now is have every single clip on my timeline (each one represents a different VFX plate) save into a consecutively named folder, ie: folder001, folder002, folder003, folder004, etc.

I will manually reference the EDL later and change the folder names to my VFX reference numbers. But right now, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make Redcine-X do this. Instead it saves all clips into bins named with the R3D fille name, and if multiple plates are pulled from the same R3D file they end up in the same folder. Man, that adds tremendously to my work, if I have to go sort them all out.

Please, somebody tell me it's possible to just simply save the consecutive shots into consecutively named folders. Surely it is, and I'm not the only person in the world who needs this functionality?

thanks a million in advance.

Chris Conlee

Return to posts index

David Battistella
Re: RedCine-X: How To Export Clips into Consecutive Folders?
on Sep 10, 2012 at 8:02:57 am

Yes. It's possible when you render

If you put all of the shots into one bin and set up the render, you can tell RCX to create a folder for each clip during the render. The shots will still carry the clip name on each folder but each shot will be divided into it's own folder of DPX, QT or whatever you want.

If you want to rename the render folders and files, I suggest a tool like, "A Better finder rename" which will allow you to rename batch files in one or two steps.

David

Return to posts index

Chris Conlee
on Sep 10, 2012 at 4:57:21 pm

Thanks David.

I think this is what I was doing by selecting all the clips in the timeline and telling it to create a new folder fore each clip, right? But it's still counter-intuitive, because it puts each shot into a folder with the shot name, instead of a folder named by it's event number in the timeline. Therefore if you have more than one shot that came from the same clip, they end up in the same folder.

Hopefully I'm doing something wrong.

Chris

Return to posts index

David Battistella
on Sep 10, 2012 at 5:25:38 pm

Ah. I see. You are expecting the RCX timeline to behave like an NLE timeline.

I would try this.

OPen a NEW BIN
Call it: SHots from timeline

Click on the timeline and SELECT ALL
Drag the clips from the timeline into the bin
Sort the clips in the Bin

Render the clips from the BIN instead of the timeline.

This will at least get you a Folder per clip, but I don't think it will render as

EVENT 001 FOLDER
EVENT 002 FOLDER
etc.
etc.

David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]