FORUMS: list search recent posts

RCX-P Audio syncing - 48khz question

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Olinger
RCX-P Audio syncing - 48khz question
on Jun 1, 2012 at 10:23:46 pm

Hi,

I`ve been learning the timecode dual system auto match feature in RCX-P. I`ve recorded my RED footage at 23.98 and my audio at 48.000 khz with a 23.98 timebase. Both are jammed with timecode.

After running automatch, in the control section of the audio tab, it shows 48khz as the frequency, but it shows 48.048 as the TC frequency.

Do I need to override this to get both the "frequency" and "TC frequency" to match and both display 48.000khz?

Or is RCX handing the compensation correctly already, due to the footage being shot at 23.98, and I should leave it alone? I would be rendering the synced clips to ProRes with the synced audio attached for a Final Cut 7 project.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Matt Gerard
Re: RCX-P Audio syncing - 48khz question
on Jul 13, 2012 at 1:31:47 pm

Well, the easiest way (and probably faster than waiting for a response from here) would be to output a test file. I personally haven't worked with dual sound in RCX yet, but when I do, you'll bet that I'll be doing a couple test clips to make sure my settings are right before I batch the whole lot and find out later.

Would be interesting to see your results, and post them here so they are searchable for others!

thanks-

matt

Its more fun to ride a slow motorcycle fast than a fast motorcycle slow...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]