FORUMS: list search recent posts

RED FCP CG and DI workflow for film

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chamath Paranawidana
RED FCP CG and DI workflow for film
on May 30, 2012 at 6:01:28 pm

Hi,

I have 8 TB footage of a film which has been shot with the RED EPIC at 23.98 fps 4K HD. The film also includes a lot of CGI work. I need expert advise on the most suitable workflow to maintain hi quality and efficiency.

Available resources

Apple Mac pro with FCP and RED ROCKET installed

requirements -

1. The CG work will be done in 2K. required footage will be exported (as tiff 16 bit 2K ungraded ) from RED CINE X. The final CG shots can be exported to DPX

2. Do i need to confirm the footage from 23.98 fps to 24 fps ? the guide audio tracks have been recorded in 24fps. Which means I will have sync issues if i drag that to a 24p timeline. What is the best option ?

Should I use FCP log and transfer to convert the footage and continue editing with the native frame rate or export from redcine X ( with the power of RED ROCKET ) by confirming the frame rate to 24 fps and apple pro res

3. What is the best DI workflow ? if I re link 4K native raw files for grading with Apple Color how would the 2K CG shots look like ? can I import the .DPX 2K sequence of CG shots and insert them in Apple Color or is there a better way ti insert the final CG shots ?

4. The film should be CROPPED to 2:35 aspect ratio.

Please advise me on how I should proceed with this project

Thank You

Cham19

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]