FORUMS: list search recent posts

Magic Bullet coloring for RED footage

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arthur Lunn
Magic Bullet coloring for RED footage
on May 11, 2012 at 7:20:28 pm

I'm going to work with RED footage fairly soon and am putting together workflow and intent to use FCP7 on 8 core macpro with sizable RAM.

I am thinking of adding magic bullet color suite plug-in for 4k footage color correction but would like to check in here first and see what the opinions on that are?

Your thoughts?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Angelo Lorenzo
Re: Magic Bullet coloring for RED footage
on May 18, 2012 at 4:20:46 am

Personally, I like Magic Bullet as a quicker, in-NLE solution. I'm an Adobe guy and since Speedgrade came out (lets face it, this is a very high end tool) I have to say that I have far more control over color grading and struggle less with larger corrections and grades.

Return to posts index

Thomas Pohl
on Jul 1, 2012 at 10:23:48 am

I also use Magic Bullet Looks after the switch from FCP to Premiere. It's a real fast and effectiv tool even if I miss the precise grading of Colour. That's the reason why I'm going to try Da Vinci's Resolve (just a matter of time at the moment).
Cheers
Thomas.

http://www.footage-online.com - RED footage and more available in HD, SD and RED RAW R3D
http://www.facebook.com/footageonline.de

Return to posts index

Nick Spiropoulos
on Jul 29, 2013 at 3:34:11 pm

I find that magic bullet filters are buggy, on our previous FCP7 systems, Premiere CS6 and CC when correcting and grading 4k and 5k RED shots.

I just learned that Magic Bullet is only designed to work with 2k footage or smaller.

Return to posts index

Nick Spiropoulos
on Jul 31, 2013 at 11:17:28 am

Great News for RED camera color grading!

Yesterday RedGiant updated the color suite. It now supports up to 4k on GPUs and 8k x 8k using the CPU. I've been grading 4k and 5k RED Epic footage in Premiere. Looks and Colorista II are now stable on my RED footage. Denoiser II still sometimes crashes on my 5k clips.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]