FORUMS: list search recent posts

First RED job

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Neitz
First RED job
on Feb 13, 2008 at 9:02:20 pm

I think I've got a handle on workflow. Things are still be hammered out by production, but basically I will need to take RED footage and create 1080 quicktimes for our end on post production.

Can anyone give me rough estimates to time? It sounds like Redcine is a very slow process, but it provides the best quality output?

Approx how long to convert 10 minutes of RED into 1080 quicktimes on 3ghz, 8core?

THANKS!

Return to posts index

Aaron Neitz
Re: First RED job
on Feb 13, 2008 at 9:27:17 pm

or can I use REDCODE and send out 1080p from Kona 3 to a HDCAM-SR?

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Feb 13, 2008 at 11:13:23 pm

[Aaron Neitz] "or can I use REDCODE and send out 1080p from Kona 3 to a HDCAM-SR? "

Not quite...

it will need to render in FCP first, the QT proxies are not exact video frame sizes, I have found the renders quite quick to be able to do this.

FYI - the REDCine renders to 1080 p ProRes files with the current version are about 25-1 with a 8 core.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows
Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

Aaron Neitz
on Feb 14, 2008 at 12:44:47 am

Thanks Gary. Found my way to the red user forums on their site and am playing with some test footage.

Seems like everything needs to be done with proxy renders, and then we can go back and batch export our final pieces in 1080. 25-1 means only the good stuff can get full 1080 treatment!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]