FORUMS: list search recent posts

Red clips not showing up in Log and Transfer

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Henrik Kolind
Red clips not showing up in Log and Transfer
on Mar 16, 2012 at 3:46:35 pm

Hi there,

I'm trying to relink from the ProRes proxy files I've been editing with to the original R3D files for grading and it's been working just find - except for one clip.

When I mount the RED-drive, some of the clips simply do not show up in Log and Transfer. As you can see on the image, it jumps from clip 47 to 57 - and I happen to need clip 51.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening or what I can do to fix it?

Return to posts index

Henrik Kolind
Re: Red clips not showing up in Log and Transfer
on Mar 16, 2012 at 4:11:33 pm

And this is how it looks in Redcine X:

Return to posts index

Henrik Kolind
on Mar 16, 2012 at 6:42:46 pm

I ended up looking at the backups, and the files were fine - so the problem has been solved, although I still don't know what happened in the first place.

Return to posts index

Matt Gerard
on May 10, 2012 at 3:42:40 pm

Looks like some sort of file corruption. The files that went missing, were these the camera originals imported off the mags, or were they copied to a HD first them imported? Just wondering if they got corrupted during the transfer. I've seen it happen a couple times, and its tought o figure out where it went wrong. I know if I'm using shotput on my af100 cards, I can't use the computer for anything else during the transfer, or I run a greater risk of corrupt media files. I've done tests on that and it is true, so I don't risk it anymore. Start the transfer, then hands off.

Matt

Its more fun to ride a slow motorcycle fast than a fast motorcycle slow...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]