FORUMS: list search recent posts

Impossible scenario?

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Redžinald Šimek
Impossible scenario?
on Mar 3, 2012 at 8:53:09 am

Hi guys

We plan to shoot feature, around 80 min. long in one shot, and i just trying to figure it out how to do this since, regarding the script, camera is handheld all the time. And we would like to do it without any breaks.
We are thinking about Red Epic, ARRI Alexa or Canon c300. The problem obviously is battery life and media capacity.
Target format is HD.
I did research about media and battery capacity and did not find any possible solution.
Impossible or not?
Just wandering do you have any thoughts about this.

thanks

Return to posts index

David Battistella
Re: Impossible scenario?
on Mar 3, 2012 at 9:14:34 am

If you are considering RED then you might have to do this on a redone MX as I do not think either the EPIC or Scarlet have the media capacity to handle an 80 minute take.

The 256gb SSD might be able to handle it at 4 or 5 k depending on the compression ratio.

In terms of power you could easily do it with a couple of red bricks in a dual battery rig.

That's what I can chip in about the RED cameras as you posted in the RED forum

Peace
David

Return to posts index

Mike Most
on Mar 4, 2012 at 3:44:54 am

If you're considering Alexa, one solution is to record to videotape on an SRW1 that's tethered to the camera. If you use a fiber connection, it should be do-able.

Files aren't always the answer......

Return to posts index

Nelson Goforth
on Mar 8, 2012 at 5:25:47 am

With the Epic and a number of other cameras you might be able to go to a Pix 240, KiPro or Nano for recording to a ProRes format. A Red Brick might be able to power the Epic for that span, but I'd want backup - maybe a RedVolt in the handle?

Red Camera Rental & Indy Features, Denver Colorado.
rockymountain4k.com * 303.506.2456

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]