FORUMS: list search recent posts

Red cam

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Drew wilson
Red cam
on Feb 14, 2012 at 9:09:08 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm an experienced editor, though Red Cam is new to me. I have been researching hardcore for the last few days trying to get my head wrapped around everything. I seem to be on the right track and I want to be up to par when we start shooting a feature next week with the red.so here it is please any suggestions in the process would be great.

So I guess the first thing that needs to be done is the red raw footage needs to be trans-coded and I chose to use cine x and batch export clips as a quick time apple pro res 422 debayer values for 4K @ 1/2.After this I can bring them back into final cut and edit them on a time line and later export a .XML and send off for the online which should reconnect with ease.

dose this seem right?

Drew Wilson
Director/Friend

Return to posts index

David Battistella
Re: Red cam
on Feb 15, 2012 at 10:37:21 pm

[Drew wilson] "So I guess the first thing that needs to be done is the red raw footage needs to be trans-coded and I chose to use cine x and batch export clips as a quick time apple pro res 422 debayer values for 4K @ 1/2.After this I can bring them back into final cut and edit them on a time line and later export a .XML and send off for the online which should reconnect with ease.

dose this seem right?"

Yes.

This seems right.

You create the QT files and edit. But just do 720P DVCprHD or it will take a long time to transcode.
Edit
Send FCP XML to RCX and relink the files there.
Send an XML with the R3D relink back to FCP
Grade in Color or whatever you like.

David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]