FORUMS: list search recent posts

Day for Night footage

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian Spilsbury
Day for Night footage
on Feb 9, 2012 at 12:27:04 pm

Hi,

I will soon be working on a short project where a couple of the scenes will need to be modified to create a 'night' look.

I've seen a tutorial on Videocopilot that I will attempt but if anyone has any better/other suggestions, I'm all ears ;)

My main question, at the moment, is in regard to the workflow with RED.

I'll be using FCP to edit the project, and I'll be transcoding the footage to Prores files for editing (and relinking back later on for colour grade and final export).

I've been told that you cannot add effects to the native RED footage. Is this true? And if so, any suggestions as to what I should transcode these clips to fr this purpose?

Also, any suggestions as to whether the effect should be added before or after the final colour grade?

I'm probably missing out some important information, so please let me know if theres anything else I should be aware of, or of any more info. that's needed before advise can be given.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Stuart Ferreyra
Re: Day for Night footage
on Feb 23, 2012 at 2:26:34 am

If you are going to relink to the raw footage, the day for night grade should be done using the raw files in Apple Color or DaVinci Resolve.

Stuart Ferreyra
Professional Colorist, Finisher, Online Editor.
http://www.timecodemultimedia.com

TIMECODE MULTIMEDIA
- Professional and Affordable Post for Indies.
- ProTools Sound Design, Sound Editing and Sound Mixing.
- Color Grading, Finishing and Mastering for TV and Film.
- DaVinci Resolve SD, HD, SR, RED, ALEXA, DSLR.
- SD, HD, SR Deck Rentals + Edit and Finishing Suites Rentals.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]