I'm a student at the filmschool in Munich and I've got a bit of a problem.
I recently shot my 2nd-year film on the RED MX and the camera crew set the timebase incorrectly to some weird numbers in the first few days of shooting. It seems they were unaware of the difference between varispeed and timebase. As was I at the point, now i know! :)
The entire project should be 25fps. However, it was set to 23.976 on the first two days. Varispeed was set to 25 fps though, so the correct amount of frames should be there somewhere.
On the third day, we shot slow motions only and for some inexplicable reason the timebase was set to 59.97 that day, varispeed was correctly set to 100fps. I've asked just about everybody i could think of, so I'd be very grateful for your support!
Obviously, I have no chance syncing any of the footage!
Oh and btw, I'm editing on an Avid machine, so cinema tools isn't really an option (I've also heard that there are problems when onlining...)
Things I've tried:
Exporting 25fps-.mxf from redcine (Avid says: wrong fps!)
Exporting .tiff (Would require about 40TB of hdd space)
Changing the timebase via some software (seems impossible)