FORUMS: list search recent posts

RED CINE X and Adobe Premier

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabriel Wiener
RED CINE X and Adobe Premier
on Jan 13, 2012 at 5:50:54 pm

I have already edited a project together using RED footage in Adobe Premier. Is it possible to export these clips (the edited versions) directly into RED CINE X without having to export the entire clip from which it is based off. I just want to edit the portions that I have used, not the entire source clip. Any suggestions or did I work backwards here?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: RED CINE X and Adobe Premier
on Jan 17, 2012 at 3:36:56 am

Use EDL or XML. You should reduce the timeline to single track/cuts only for EDL.

Return to posts index

Gabriel Wiener
on Jan 17, 2012 at 4:26:39 am

Thanks for responding, I tried that with DaVinci and DaVinci did not seem to read all of the files that were in the EDL and they were playing the wrong portions of the clips. I have heard that DaVinci has had some problems with Adobe capability. But you are saying that it is possible to import an EDL into REDCINEX?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 17, 2012 at 4:47:12 pm

[Gabriel Wiener] "Thanks for responding, I tried that with DaVinci and DaVinci did not seem to read all of the files that were in the EDL and they were playing the wrong portions of the clips."

Was it a straight forward EDL (one video track/cuts only/etc)? Did you try and match back to the original clips and see if the tc was matching?

I don't have limited experience with Resolve, so maybe a post over in that forum would do better.

Have you tried an XML?

[Gabriel Wiener] "But you are saying that it is possible to import an EDL into REDCINEX?"

Yes. It specifies CMX 3600.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]