FORUMS: list search recent posts

Workflow, ingesting, working, backup, archiving

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Arvidsson
Workflow, ingesting, working, backup, archiving
on Dec 15, 2011 at 9:58:23 am

Hi I need to improve my media management and workflow. Hopefully you guys could point me in the right direction.

Curent (p2) workflow
Offload to a external drive that is the backup drive. Then open final cut and ingest the files to one of the mac pro's internal drives (We have a Caldigit raid but it just sounds to much). Finish the project (Cut, vfx, cc) . Copying the final movie to a disk with only the finished movies. Moving the project to a external hardrive for archiving. Formatting the backup drive that been used as backup while working on the project.

What is your workflow with Epic?/Scarlet?
How do you do you backups? just raid with mirror or manually? Could you use Apple "Time Machine".

Thoughts
I have chosen to go with Adobe instead of final cut since it support Epic/Scarlet files natively. I think I have done my time transcoding on ingest. I don't have a Redrocket card but I still like to work with the raw files instead of transcode to prorez. Seams to be popular to start in Redcinex pro and do a cc on all raw files end then transcode to prorez. Wouldn't it be better to stay raw all the way until final export?

joelarvidsson@gmail.com

Return to posts index

John Reis
Re: Workflow, ingesting, working, backup, archiving
on Feb 6, 2012 at 10:19:41 pm

What was the outcome? I am considering a switch to Premiere

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]