FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reconnect original R3D files in Final Cut Pro 6?

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Terse
Reconnect original R3D files in Final Cut Pro 6?
on Nov 1, 2011 at 2:20:46 am

Greetings,

I'm new to this, so thank you for any help you can offer!

I'm working on a project that's to be shot on RED-One (Build 30), and I'm going to be using Final Cut Pro 6 to organize the files and prepare them for the editor. I'm using REDCINE-X to convert the 4K files to Apple Pro Res 422 (HQ) files, which the editor will then use to assemble the film. I would like to run a test to see if the editor will be able to reconnect the original R3D files once the film is assembled, but I'm not sure how I might be able to test this? How can I disconnect the Pro Res files and reconnect the sequence to the original R3D files?

Many thanks!
Mike

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Reconnect original R3D files in Final Cut Pro 6?
on Dec 2, 2011 at 11:41:15 pm

I'm sure there are reasons why people have to do things this way, but if you want to re-connnect the original RDC files after editing with a proxy, you will require a third-party list management system and there are many to assist you in doing this. FCP will not support reconnecting to the original RDC files if you have not adhered to the Log and Transfer method of importing the media.

It is not worth pointing out that if you edit with one of the F, H, M or P proxy files that COLOR will automatically re-connect to the RDC files, because no one wants to work this way.

jPo

You mean "Old Ben"? Ben Kenobi?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]