FORUMS: list search recent posts

RED ONE MX Viewfinder set to RAW question

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
viking jonsson
RED ONE MX Viewfinder set to RAW question
on Oct 17, 2011 at 6:22:11 pm

Hello,

I need to get this clarified, If I use a RED ONE MX with a Viewfinder, and set Viewfinder to RAW. Can I still use the RAW LEVEL METER and RAW CLIP METER as a reference for exposure?

I noticed that the histogram is not working if viewfinder is set to RAW, is this correct or am I doing something wrong?

Is there any other way to see the exposure when viewfinder is set to RAW?

One more thing is it possible to se ISO and K changes while Viewfinder is set to RAW?

Any good tips to use while Viewfinder is set to RAW?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Nelson Goforth
Re: RED ONE MX Viewfinder set to RAW question
on Oct 27, 2011 at 7:30:58 pm

The histogram reflects the current View - Raw or Color. All other 'meters' reflect Raw at all times - the goalposts, the stoplights, and the... whatever the stack of bars is called.

The Raw view will NOT reflect changes in color temperature or ISO - and should not. That's the point of the Raw view - to see what the sensor is actually capturing. The ISO and Temperature controls don't affect the sensor (or the R3D) so won't affect Raw.

I would use Raw only intermittently, to check that what you think is being exposed IS in fact being exposed The Color view, or user settings, might crush blacks, etc. so use the Raw view as a reality check about what is actually being recorded.

But the histogram should be working at all times unless you turn it off in settings, it should not stop working just switching between views. If this is the case you may have a problem. Call Red.

Nelson Goforth

Red Camera Rental & Indy Features, Denver Colorado.
rockymountain4k.com * 303.506.2456

Return to posts index

viking jonsson
Re: RED ONE MX Viewfinder set to RAW question
on Oct 29, 2011 at 9:22:55 am

Thank You!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]